- High level Concert & Event Coordination
- Premier Classical and Contemporary Music Venue
- 2 roles – 12 months fixed term position, 1 commencing Late April 2017 and 1 up to 12 months fixed term parental leave position, commencing Early June 2017
Melbourne Recital Centre is a major cultural facility at the heart of an inspired global music community, increasingly recognized as one of the world’s great music venues. The Centre presents 340 events each year and hosts a further 180 in its two superb performance spaces, including the 1,000 seat Elisabeth Murdoch Hall.
As a Concert and Event Manager, you will provide high quality and professional concert and event management and production management for events held at the Melbourne Recital Centre. In this role, you will liaise with artists, agents, tour managers, hirers and other users of the Centre providing effective artistic support and coordination for events. You will use your event management skills and passion for the performing arts, to deliver high quality events and contribute to strong client relationships. This role also engages with a broad cross section of Melbourne Recital Centre’s key presenting partners, as well as artists, commercial and community hirers.
The successful candidates will have significant experience and skills in concert and event management including the following:
- Demonstrated experience of working in an event management or technical production role for a performing arts venue or for a performing arts sector organisation.
- A specific knowledge of the presentation of music, including a range of classical and contemporary genres, and its production requirements.
- A broad general knowledge across a variety of technical production fields including audio, lighting, projection, audio-visual and staging.
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, determine workloads, set priorities, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment and complete tasks within specified timeframes.
For further information please visit our website or contact Krys Pekin, Human Resources Manager on 9207 2686 or email@example.com
Please read the position description (located in the Downloads section of this page) for more detailed information about the position, including key selection criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, a separate document addressing the essential key selection criteria (from the Position Description), and your resume to Krys Pekin, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1.00pm Monday 27 March 2017.
If you have any enquiries about the recruitment process or position, contact Greg Diamantis, Director Production & Presenter Services by phone on 9207 2600 or email email@example.com
Melbourne Recital Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a smoke free and accessible environment.
#TODAY: Melbourne Youth Orchestra present The Gadfly & The Hourglass Ensemble present Danzas Amorosas:… https://t.co/ypVynctefH