‘Australian jazz singing doesn’t come any better than this’ – The Weekend Australian
Following on from her successful American Songbook concerts in 2013, Melbourne Recital Centre is delighted to welcome back Michelle Nicolle for an exquisite program celebrating the great Duke Ellington.
Ellington and his faithful collaborator, Billy Strayhorn, wrote so many songs that continue to be loved by generations. Michelle presents a program that demonstrates Ellington and Strayhorn’s perfect balance of intricate, yet memorable melodies and poetic, eloquent lyrics, featuring such songs as In a Sentimental Mood, Solitude, Do Nothing Til You Hear From Me, Something To Live For, and of course, Mood Indigo.
Three time winner of the ‘Australian Jazz Vocalist of the Year’ Award – Michelle Nicolle is Australia’s first lady of jazz. With a live performance schedule that spans the globe and 8 impressive albums to her name, including 2012’s celebrated album ‘Mancini’, Michelle Nicolle gives us all the finesse, quality of phrasing and vocal range we expect from the world’s greatest jazz vocalists.
“Michelle Nicolle stands above any other jazz singer in the country.” ***** – The Weekend Australian
Presented by Melbourne Recital Centre and Michelle Nicolle Quartet
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Pre order your food and beverage in advance & save.
Enhance your experience of this event by adding these additional items:
- Warmed Bread & Dips: Tzatziki, babaganoush, harissa capsicum served with turkish bread and spiced dukkah $9.90
- Ploughman’s Supper: Ham off the bone, pastrami, jambon, French mustard, cheese selection, crusty bread/ crackers, cornichons and pickle relish $16.50
- Cheese plate with rolling changes to cheese styles $17.50
- Vegetarian savoury tart (warmed) with a green leaf salad with dressing on the side $13.50
- Petit Four plate: A selection of handmade Koko Black chocolates, mini desserts and eclairs.
- Bottle of House Sparkling/Red/White Wine $32.00 each
- Bottle of Premium Sparkling/Red/White Wine $42.00 each
Simply add the food and beverage items to your cart when you book tickets.
A voucher will be issued with your tickets or at the Box Office on the day of the concert. Please present the voucher at the bar to collect your selected item(s). Please note pre-orders for food & beverage items (including all online sales) finish at 4pm on the day prior to the performance. After this time, food and beverage can be purchased from the bar on the night of the performance.
Saturday 13 September
$45 Standard ($30 concession)
#TONIGHT: Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak celebrates its instrumental, vocal and orchestral musicians:… https://t.co/QrPzKfS7qZ
#TONIGHT: Wakakirri Awards Night takes over Elisabeth Murdoch Hall: https://t.co/udTMH3ngCd https://t.co/596RdA9ffm
#TONIGHT: Don't miss Nicolas Altstaedt & Aleksander Madžar in EMH & Melbourne Art Song Collective in the Salon:… https://t.co/2W6YOSzvMY