Event Administration Coordinator (Full time; Ongoing)
As the Event Administration Coordinator, your primary purpose is to prepare and coordinate high quality event pre/post production and administrative support for the Operations team. You will be responsible for liaising with Melbourne Recital Centre staff, agents, artists, tour managers, hirers and other users of the Centre to provide effective support and coordination of our event delivery program.
The successful candidates will have experience and skills in the following;
- A tertiary degree in theatre production, event management or equivalent work experience of at least 2 years as a production manager, orchestra manager, event manager or stage manager.
- General knowledge across various technical production fields.
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, determine workloads, set priorities, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment and complete tasks within specified timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative
- A specific knowledge of the presentation of music, including a range of classical and contemporary genres, and its production requirements
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, as well as high standards of personal presentation and the ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people both internal and external to the organisation
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience at using IT programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to become a highly skilled user of the Melbourne Recital Centre’s venue management system, for which training will be given
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, a separate document addressing the essential key selection criteria and your resume to Annabel Storey, Human Resource Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 22 July 2019.
If you have any enquiries about the recruitment process or the position, please email email@example.com
Melbourne Recital Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a smoke free and accessible environment.
.@JOANPOLICEWOMAN will play an intimate solo concert to launch her new three-disc extravaganza Joanthology at… https://t.co/30p2K5s5fD
Mama Alto on episode two of The Tune Up - the new in house podcast @MelbRecital https://t.co/wP9CsoagbQ