Melbourne Recital Centre is looking for a Venue Stage Manager to join our Operations Department.
As the Venue Stage Manager, your primary purpose will be to stage manage live events and concerts at the Centre and to ensure safe and successful performances. The Venue Stage Manager will also work in conjunction with members of the Operations Team on pre-production planning, as well as general event administration.
The successful candidates will have experience and skills in the following;
- A tertiary degree in stage management, theatre production, event management or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated expertise working as a professional stage manager including experience calling live music events.
- A specific knowledge of the presentation of music, including a range of classical and contemporary genres, and its production requirements.
- A broad knowledge and experience across a variety of (technical) production fields including audio, lighting, projection, audio-visual and staging.
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, determine workloads, set priorities, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment and complete tasks within specified timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, as well as high standards of personal presentation and the ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people both internal as external to the organisation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, a separate document addressing the essential key selection criteria and your resume to Annabel Storey, Human Resource Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Monday 16 September.
If you have any enquiries about the recruitment process or the position, please email email@example.com
Melbourne Recital Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a smoke free and accessible environment.
Globally acclaimed virtuoso and piano maverick Sonya Lifschitz plays composer Robert Davidson’s bracing and brillia… https://t.co/tYmHueqpn3
A little interview about my forthcoming Scenes from Streeton for the @MelbRecital Centre’s 10th birthday. https://t.co/NxoBQnf8z6
Margaret Leng Tan, avante-garde & visionary pianist presents her 1971 doctorate thesis on Percy Grainger to… https://t.co/yybBY3ijZM