Join the Melbourne Recital Centre team
Full Time; Ongoing
Melbourne Recital Centre 2020 Enterprise Agreement 5.1 + superannuation guarantee.
Melbourne Recital Centre is looking for an Events Producer to provide leadership to the organisation supporting systems, processes, resource allocation and technology required for efficient delivery of events. The role provides operational and strategic support to the Head of Operations as well as daily operational support and leadership to the Event Management team.
The successful candidate will have experience and skills in the following;
- Proven leadership and people management skills, including goal setting, coaching, effective oral and written communication and consultation as well as the ability to manage pressure, ambiguity and change to meet deadlines.
- Proven financial management and budget management skills including event specific budget development and cost control as well as interpretation and implementation of contracts.
- Demonstrated experience working in an event management or technical production role for a performing arts venue, a performing arts sector organisation or in a touring capacity
- A specific knowledge of the presentation of music, including a range of classical and contemporary genres, and its production requirements
- A broad general knowledge across a variety of technical production fields including audio, lighting, projection, audio-visual and staging
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, determine workloads, set priorities, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment and complete tasks within specified timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, as well as high standards of personal presentation and the ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people both internal and external to the organisation
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels, forge partnerships and build trust across business areas, functions and organisations. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including delivery of presentations and preparation of reports
- Knowledge and experience at using IT programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to become a highly skilled user of the Melbourne Recital Centre’s venue management, CRM & ticketing systems, for which training will be given.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, a separate document addressing the essential key selection criteria and your resume to Annabel Storey, Human Resource Advisor at email@example.com by 11pm Sunday 1 August 2021.
If you have any enquiries about the recruitment process or the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Melbourne Recital Centre proudly stands on the land of the Boon Wurrung people of the Kulin nation and we pay our respects to Melbourne’s First People, to their Elders past and present, and to our shared future.
Our research shows a deep level of immersion with live music offers a great escape from daily life, especially in these times. #qanda