Join the Melbourne Recital Centre team
Senior Technician (Full Time; Fixed Term)
As Senior Technician, your primary purpose is to work in close co-operation with the Technical Manager, Technical Coordinator, Concert & Event Managers, and other technical and MRC staff to assist in affecting the delivery of the MRC’s schedule of concerts and events to the highest international standard
The successful candidates will have experience and skills in the following;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant experience (essential)
- A specific expert knowledge and high level of competence in one or more technical production fields i.e. audio, lighting, projection, audio-visual, staging (essential)
- A broad knowledge and experience across a variety of technical production fields including audio, lighting, projection, audio-visual and staging (essential)
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment and complete tasks within specified timeframes (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative (essential)
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, as well as high standards of personal presentation and the ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people both internal and external to the organisation (essential)
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English (essential)
- IT literacy and the ability to become a skilled user of the MRC’s venue management system, for which training will be given (essential)
- Ability to work at heights, good colour vision and a good level of fitness (essential)
- A specific knowledge of the presentation of concerts and their production requirements (desirable).
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, a separate document addressing the essential key selection criteria and your resume to Annabel Storey, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com by noon Sunday 16 January 2022.
If you have any enquiries about the recruitment process or the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Melbourne Recital Centre acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we work, live and learn. We pay our respects to people of the Kulin nation, their Elders past, present and emerging and to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
We are committed to equity and inclusion and strongly encourage people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ+ and/or CALD people to apply.
Now on sale - 29 March 'Northern Serenades' concert at the @MelbRecital Centre🎶 🎫 ! We are delighted to be includin… https://t.co/mbNteupg5I
Celebrate 10 years of @3MBSfinemusic Marathon with us this February! Tickets are now on sale to experience performa… https://t.co/9ALG2CWDdN