Take your seat amongst the music
Celebrate your love of live music, honour a loved one, or commemorate a special occasion with a seat plaque in the extraordinary Elisabeth Murdoch Hall at Melbourne Recital Centre.
With a message of your choosing inscribed upon your selected seat, a seat dedication marks your place at the heart Melbourne’s home of live music.
Dedicating a seat is not only a wonderful way to celebrate your connection to Melbourne Recital Centre. Your dedication also helps to make possible our vibrant musical program, bringing the Centre to life with:
- Exciting performance opportunities for local musicians at all career stages
- Illuminating performances by the world’s finest musicians, bringing the best of the international music scene to our city
- Transformative artist development workshops, building the skills and experience of the next generation of performers and composers
- Enriching music learning programs, encouraging a life-long love of music amongst young people from all walks of life
- Inclusive access programs that remove barriers for people of all ages who would not otherwise be able to experience the joy of live music, both here at the Centre and throughout Victoria.
“Naming a seat is our family’s way of commemorating John’s connection to the Centre. “
Cathy Lowy, Seat J21 dedicated to John Lowy, a lover of music and the arts.
“I have fond memories of music with Hilma in Elisabeth Murdoch Hall’s seats S31 and S32. We loved to sit near the back, on the end of the row. During intervals we would quickly escape downstairs: I would grab two glasses of champagne, while Hilma saved us two armchairs in the foyer!”
Ian Suren, Seat S32 dedicated to Hilma Marie Suren (1922-2017)
What’s in a name?
Your seat plaque is a recognition of your $2,000 tax-deductible donation to Melbourne Recital Centre, and will be displayed in Elizabeth Murdoch Hall for 10 years.
You can dedicate your seat to a person or include a message of your choosing, with up to 25 characters per line, across two lines. Some restrictions apply.
Following the installation of your plaque, you will be invited to view your dedicated seat and to enjoy a private behind-the-scenes tour of the Centre.
Take your seat
To learn more about donating a seat plaque please contact:
(03) 9207 2648