Development Victoria is delivering the transformation of the Melbourne Arts Precinct, Australia’s largest cultural infrastructure project, on behalf of Melbourne Arts Precinct Corporation.
What is happening?
The $1.7 billion project will transform Melbourne’s creative precinct – attracting visitors, creating jobs and establishing creative spaces and a vibrant new Public Realm in the heart of the city. Early works are now underway.
The Melbourne Arts Precinct transformation project will deliver:
- 18,000 square metre public parkland
- more space for outdoor art and performances
- new connections into and through the arts precinct
- improved all-abilities access
- new restaurants and bar spaces
- significant upgrades to Arts Centre Melbourne’s Theatres Building
- The Fox: NGV Contemporary gallery
How might this work affect my visit to the Centre?
Travel to and from Melbourne Recital Centre may be impacted as the project enters different phases. For live updates, journey planning tools and travel advice, go to:
Where can I find more information?
Click here to discover more about the Melbourne Arts Precinct transformation project.