About these Conditions
The purpose of these Conditions of Entry is to ensure the enjoyment and safety of all visitors to the Melbourne Recital Centre.
You must comply with these Conditions and follow the reasonable directions of Melbourne Recital Centre staff, as well as any signage in relation to your entry and use of the premises.
We reserve the right to deny entry to or remove any person from the premises at any time.
You are responsible for the security of your own belongings whilst visiting the Melbourne Recital Centre and you must not:
- Leave any bags or personal items unattended;
- Have in your possession and/or refuse to surrender Melbourne Recital Centre staff any prohibited object or article including but not limited to dangerous items, photographic or recording equipment or food or alcohol that is not permitted to be brought into or used in the premises; or
- Refuse to undergo a physical search or a search of your belongings.
Melbourne Recital Centre reserves the right to:
- Inspect and search you and your belongings while you are on the premises;
- Require any bag or personal item/s to be stored in our cloakroom, which may attract a fee;
- Exclude all bags from the premises when deemed appropriate; and
- Deny entry or remove you from the Premises (without refund) if you refuse to comply with these above Conditions of Entry.
You are responsible for behaving in a manner that does not interfere with the safety and enjoyment of others. Specifically, you must not:
- Behave in a manner which causes or may cause property damage or that threatens or may threaten the safety of performers, visitors, other audience members or any other persons, including as a result of intoxication; or
- Behave in a manner that unreasonably interferes with other audience members enjoyment of the premises, including through the use of cameras, mobile phones, personal computers, paging devices or other electronic devices.
All visitors to Melbourne Recital Centre; including customer, visitor, employee, contractor, artist, technical crew, function attendee or volunteer, are expected to contribute to an environment that upholds the Melbourne Recital Centre’s values. More information about these values can be found at melbournerecital.com.au
When you are at the Melbourne Recital Centre, if you experience harassment or feel unsafe, please report it as soon as possible to a Melbourne Recital Centre member of staff (identifiable from name badges). All reports of harassment, bullying and other inappropriate behaviour will be swiftly investigated in accordance with Melbourne Recital Centre’s policies and relevant legislation and acted upon as appropriate.
You must not:
- Touch or interfere with the artwork or any other objects on display in exhibitions, displays or in the foyer of the premises unless the item is clearly designated as an interactive element;
- Smoke or use e-cigarettes indoors at the premises, or outside designated smoking zones;
- Take photographs, audio, or video recording where this has been restricted;
- Consume food or drink (including alcohol) purchased outside the premises, unless otherwise indicated;
- Purchase or consume alcohol at or on the premises unless you are 18 years of age or older;
- Enter or gain access to areas of the premises not open to the public, unless authorised by the Melbourne Recital Centre; or
- Bring bicycles, motorcycles, motorised/electric scooters or segways into the building without the express permission of the Melbourne Recital Centre.
Children under the age of 15
Children under the age of 15 must be under the supervision of a responsible adult (18 years of age or older) at all times.
Use of your image
You consent to and authorise the Melbourne Recital Centre or persons delegated to film, record or photograph you (Recording), and to reproduce Recordings in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context for any purpose without further authorisation by, or compensation or attribution to you. All Recordings are the sole property of Melbourne Recital Centre or it’s third parties and by entering the premises you release us from liability arising on account of such usage. Security cameras are operating on the Premises and you acknowledge that you may be filmed.
Admission to events
Adequate time must be allowed for the collection of tickets on arrival at the venue. Melbourne Recital Centre does not accept responsibility for any delays that may be encountered at the Box Office prior to an event.
You must have a valid ticket or entry pass to attend an event or performance and appropriate evidence of entitlement when purchasing a ticket or attending an event or performance with a concession.
Tickets are only valid if purchased through Melbourne Recital Centre or an authorised agent.
Once an event has commenced, admittance or re-admittance to the venue will usually be during a suitable break in the event and may be to a different seating location. For some events, admittance or re-admittance may not be possible. Further information is contained in our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
You enter the Premises at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Melbourne Recital Centre will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from your entry to the premises.
These Conditions prevail in the event of inconsistency with any specific conditions which may apply to certain events, in which case the conditions will be clearly stated on the event’s webpage.
We collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available at melbournerecital.com.au
Complaints and Feedback
Visitors are encouraged to provide feedback on the services provided by the Melbourne Recital Centre. For information on how to provide feedback visit melbournerecital.com.au.
COVID-19 Special Conditions
Melbourne Recital Centre is committed to the safety of staff, patrons and artists. To ensure your safety the Centre has adopted some special Conditions that respond to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Should there be any inconsistency between these special conditions and other published Terms and Conditions, these special terms will apply.
1. The Centre reserves the right to change procedures and requirements for venue collection of tickets. If venue collection is selected physical tickets may not be issued for selected performances. Instead of being issued with physical tickets, your name may be checked at the door against details provided by you at the time of booking. As a condition of entry, you may be required to present the order confirmation number, photo identification and validity of any concession entitlements.
2. In accordance with health guidelines, the Centre may require transaction payments to be completed using contactless payments. Cash payments may not be accepted for some or all transactions.
3. You must not attend the Centre or any event if you are required to be in isolation with a COVID-19 diagnosis or have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID-19 or if you are experiencing any of symptoms of COVID-19. You must communicate these requirements to all within your party for which you are responsible for purchasing tickets.
4. All visitors must comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements communicated to you by the Centre (including signage at the venue or floor line markings). This includes complying with:
- Hand hygiene requirements
- Physical distancing requirements (including physical spacing requirements while queuing);
- Mask and personal protective equipment directives;
- Person limits for each space or area; or
- Person density/capacity requirements.
You acknowledge that anyone not adhering to these requirements may be in breach of directions issued by the Chief Health Officer for which penalties may apply.
5. You acknowledge that prior or after entry the Centre may be required to collect contact tracing information from you and each member of your party when you visit the Centre for any reason. This information includes the first name and phone number of each person that attends the venue including children and babies. You must communicate this requirement to your booking party prior to attending the venue.
6. You agree to provide the Centre with any information we are required to collect for contact tracing purposes. The purpose of collecting this information is to assist any contact tracing in the event of an outbreak or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19 at the Centre. You acknowledge that we may disclose contact tracing information to health authorities or as otherwise required or authorised by law. You acknowledge that we may retain the information for 28 days (or such longer period as required by law), after which time it will be deleted or destroyed. While we hold the information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your contact tracing information secure and free from unauthorised access or use.
7. You may be refused entry or required to leave the Centre or event if you:
- Refuse to comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements notified to you by the Centre
- Refuse to comply with any reasonable health and safety directions given by Venue staff.
- Refuse to provide contact tracing information to the Centre on request.
- Are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, as notified to or as assessed by Venue staff. These include: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell.
- Are required to be in insolation as a result of COVID-19 diagnosis or have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID-19.
In these circumstances, Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
8. We ask that every visitor make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending our Venue or the event. To avoid doubt, unless required by law you will not be entitled to a refund if you or a member of your booking party attends our Venue or event despite you exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and if you or they are then refused entry or asked to leave the Venue or event.
9. You must notify the Centre immediately if you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of attending the Centre. Please contact us immediately via www.melbournerecital.com.au/home/contactus or call us on 03 9699 2228.
10. The Centre supports the Federal Government’s recommendation regarding the use of the COVID safe app. We encourage you and your party to download and use the App when attending events at the Centre.